List of Forums in NewhamPlease click on the kink to download the full list of Forum Networks in newham
Capacity Builders Working Group
Second-tier voluntary and community sector organisations providing capacity building support to local groups
Bi-monthly meetings, venues vary.
Contact details; Kevin Blowe, Community Involvement Unit
Tel: 020 8536 3825
Central Newham Youth Agencies Forum
Children &Young People’s providers in E13 Learning Community
Meetings every 2 – 3 months
Contact details: Simon Vincent (E13 Learning Community)
Tel: 020 8548 5620 ext 202
Community Centre Managers Forum
Network of the managers and coordinators of voluntary sector managed community centres in Newham
E-mail list and irregular meetings.
Contact details: Kevin Blowe, Community Involvement Unit
Tel: 020 8536 3825
Community Cohesion Network (CoCo)For Voluntary, Community, Faith and Statutory sector
Contact details: Sarjoh Aziz Kamara
Tel: 020 8552 2050
Dear Fellow Voluntary Organisation,
Are you looking at ways to provide more of your services for less cost? Have you considered Time Banking as a way of increasing the number of volunteers to help you in your work?
We have set up The Stratford Time Bank. We would like to encourage as many voluntary organisations, community groups, and individuals in Newham to join the Time Bank.
Time Banks provide a way for people to help others in their community and be rewarded for it in time credits. Time credits earned can be spent when help is needed from others in the Time Bank or to receive rewards from organisational members.
What can the Stratford Time Bank do for your voluntary organisation?
• Get the help you need when you need it the most -Time Banks are different to traditional volunteering. Local people are able to give their skills and knowledge at times when they are able to do so, and your organisation can benefit.
• Provide access to a wider range of skills and knowledge – More people with a wide range of skills and experience take part in time banks than they do in traditional volunteering because of the flexibility and the reciprocal nature of time banking.
• Provides a way to reward your current and future volunteers – The Stratford Time Bank has a whole network of local businesses and corporate organisations as organisational members who provide the rewards and incentives for young people in particular to participate in time banking. This encourages more youth involvement.
• Enables you to demonstrate the real need for the services you offer – The unmet needs of the community become clearer from having a Time Bank.
• Recognition for the extra work you do for the community through the time credits earned – mention this in your Annual Report.
To find out more about The Stratford Time Bank contact us on email@example.com, or visit our website, www.nusho.org to register your interest. We look forward to hearing from you.
Tel: 0203 103 0789
Fax: 0203 103 0790
We’re looking for a very special person. Experienced at a senior level themselves, able to engage with a very complex organisation that is tackling a very wide range of issues, and passionate about make a difference. They’ll be working with a diverse Board of Trustees which includes people from all sectors and has a good balance of those who live locally and those from further afield. And they will also work closely with the Senior Management Team to set the strategic direction of Community Links and then to support us to deliver.
All the information is on our website at http://www.community-links.org/jobs/job/chair-of-trustees/. We’re very keen to get a good field of candidates, so please do pass this on to anyone you know who might fit the bill, and encourage them to apply or to call our Chief Executive, Geraldine Blake (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss the opportunity.
The closing date is 30th September.